VMR Bribie Island (VMR445) is one of 25 VMR squadrons in Queensland that are affiliated with the Volunteer Marine Rescue Association of Queensland and our call sign is Marine Rescue Bribie.
Members of VMR Bribie Island enjoy many benefits including;
- Breakdown assistance to the value of $500 per annum (for members with rescue coverage).
- Full membership and vessel details recorded in our database.
- Access to first aid, radio and navigation courses as well as a number of safety and boating information sessions held throughout the year.
- Regular social events including our monthly Sunset Drinks on the last Friday of each month at the base.
- Reimbursement of up to $100 per year for tows undertaken by other VMR/Coastguard units on presentation of a receipt (for members with vessel rescue coverage), and
- Overnight/weekend secure car and trailer parking at the base.
Members are eligible and encouraged to become active members and participate in boat crew, radio duty, fundraising, administrative and building/boat maintenance activities. Click here for further details about volunteering.
Membership Fees for NEW Members
CLICK HERE if you are an existing member
Membership Fees as at 18 October 2018
Joining Fee (Once only for new members only)
PLUS one of the following
Associate Membership with Rescue Coverage
Associate Membership with NO Rescue Coverage
Each additional boat
All fees include GST.
Membership is for 12 months from the receipt of payment and members are notified when renewal is due.
Notes: Breakdown assistance and/or vessel rescue coverage for new members does not commence until they have been notified of their membership number.
Members who are unfinancial will no longer enjoy the member benefits and will be required to pay for any assistance provided by our rescue vessels.
We provide an instant membership renewal facility that allows you to provide details online and to make immediate payment using our secure PayPal gateway. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Alternatively, you may download the Application for Membership form and complete the details at your leisure then either:
- Complete the form, scan it and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org with credit card details completed. or
- Post the form to us addressed to The Secretary, PO Box 85, Bribie Island QLD 4507 or
- Call in to the base with your completed membership application where your payment can be processed .
Payment can be made by cheque, credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or EFTPOS/cash at the base.
Should you require any further information regarding membership, please contact us.
All applications are subject to Management Committee approval.
You will need Adobe Reader to view the form offline. You can download it from here.