Members of VMR Bribie Island enjoy many benefits including;
- Breakdown assistance to the value of $500 per annum (for members with rescue coverage).
- Full membership and vessel details recorded in our database.
- Access to first aid, radio and navigation courses as well as a number of safety and boating information sessions held throughout the year.
- Regular social events including our monthly Sunset Drinks on the last Friday of each month at the base.
- Reimbursement of up to $100 per year for tows undertaken by other VMR/Coastguard units on presentation of a receipt (for members with vessel rescue coverage), and
- Overnight/weekend secure car and trailer parking at the base.
Members are eligible and encouraged to become active members and participate in boat crew, radio duty, fundraising, administrative and building/boat maintenance activities. Click here for further details about volunteering.
Renewal Fees - For Existing Members Only
Membership fees are set annually at the Annual General Meeting by vote of eligible members attending.
Membership Fees at at 18 October 2018
Associate/Ordinary Membership with Rescue Coverage
Associate/Ordinary Membership with NO Rescue Coverage
Family Membership with Rescue Coverage (existing members only)
Family Membership NO Rescue Coverage (existing members only)
Each Additional Vessel
All fees include GST
Membership is for 12 months from the receipt of payment and members are notified when renewal is due. Note that you can change your membership type or level at the time of renewal.
Notes: Breakdown assistance and/or vessel rescue coverage for new members/coverage does not commence until 48 hours after payment has been received. Members who are unfinancial will no longer enjoy the member benefits and will be required to pay for any assistance provided by our rescue vessels.
We provide an instant membership renewal facility that allows you to provide details online and to make immediate payment using our secure PayPal gateway. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
Alternatively you may either:
- Complete the Membership Renewal Form, scan it and submit your renewal as an attachment with credit card details completed.
- Post the form to us addressed to The Secretary, PO Box 85, Bribie Island QLD 4507.
- Call in to the base with your completed renewal form where your payment can be processed .
Payment can be made by cheque, credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or EFTPOS/cash at the base.
Should you require any further information regarding membership, please contact us.